Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Portfolio Project #1

Ariana Hernandez 
January 6, 2016

Portfolio: Project 1

As my first portfolio project I wanted to focus on something simple and get more complex as the year goes by. However, I wanted to incorporate theme I willy carry out for the semester. Since I want to focus on jewelry, I created a painting of a diamond ring. 

In order to move forward with my ideas, i needed to do extensive research to get all the proportions correct. Once I was comfortable with the proportions I began sketches and finally drew my final. I used white and different shades of grey to create values. The finishing touch that completes the flashy look of diamonds, I used small rhinestones around the metal part that holds the diamond.

If I could do this differently I would use resign to create an actual 3 dimensional diamond. With that said, I would also need to create the ring out of foil. Though, the diamond ring would not be your average ring because it would be a bigger size. On the other hand, as my first project, this turned out well because it was simple which is what I wanted to convey. 

Comments:

Cuong: I like how you explain your process, but I feel like you can explain little more. Good job keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment